We’re delighted to launch the Call for Papers for the 8th European Healthcare Design Congress 2022.
Next year’s Congress is scheduled to be held ‘in person’ at the Royal College of Physicians, on 13-15 June, and streamed online on SALUS TV to enable virtual participation.
The plenary theme for the 2022 Congress is ‘Recovery, renewal and rediscovery: Planning a climate-smart healthcare system’.
We’re delighted to invite you to contribute to the exchange of knowledge needed to transform to a climate-smart healthcare system by submitting abstracts by 8 December 2021 on the following core themes:
- Health planning and investment: New models of care that promote quality improvement and strengthen health system resilience
- The intersection of clinical medicine and design: Optimising environments and spaces to support clinical service planning strategies
- Science, technology & digital transformation: System-level adoption of digital health, AI, personalised medicine and smart hospital innovations
- Climate-smart healthcare: Applying circular economy principles and net-zero carbon strategies to services, infrastructure and supply chains
- Art & architecture: Humanistic environments that promote wellbeing, identity and dignity, support recovery and empower patients
- Tertiary care: Planning specialist services and infrastructure, including mental health services, cancer care, women and children services, and rehabilitation
- Global health exemplars: Case studies of co-development and climate-smart healthcare in low- and middle-income countries
Who should submit a paper and attend?
The European Healthcare Design Congress, Awards & Exhibition attracts the world’s leading interdisciplinary thinkers, researchers and practitioners in the field, including:
- Healthcare executives
- Estates/capital development
- Nursing professionals
- Health scientists
- Service designers
- Clinical managers
- Architects and designers
- Engineers and developers
- Health planners
- Occupational therapists
Papers addressing more than one of the congress themes will be given preference. All abstracts should be submitted via the online submission form on this website.